The Government has announced that from Wednesday 2 December, the current national restrictions will be replaced with tiered restrictions, where different tiers of restrictions apply in different parts of the country.
Northumberland will be in Tier 3: Very High alert.
Across all tiers, everyone:
- must wear a face covering in most indoor public settings, unless they have an exemption
- should follow the rules on meeting others safely
- should attend school or college as normal, unless they are self-isolating. Schools, universities, colleges and early years settings remain open in all tiers
- should walk or cycle where possible, plan ahead and avoid busy times and routes when travelling
- must follow the gathering limits at their tier except for in specific settings and circumstances
For more information on the restrictions in Tier 3: Very High alert please visit the Government’s website here. A summary of the restrictions can also be seen in the image below.