How to Contact the Council


NE46 3RR

The Town Clerk (Jane Kevan) and other Council staff are based at this address.

Daytime Number: 01434 609575


Steven English, Operations Manager: 07891 101236

If you have any queries regarding the Council use these contact details.
Please leave your name & number if no one answers and your call will be returned.

How do I contact a Town Councillor? All the Councillors have their photo, email address and phone number on this Town Council website.

Why should I contact a Town Councillor?  Councillors are elected in order to assist the people of Hexham in whichever way they can. As part of their responsibilities each Councillor is attached to a specific Committee and if a Hexham resident has concerns then one of the Ward Councillors can raise that concern directly with the appropriate Committee. If the Committee considers the concerns to be valid then the Committee can make recommendations for change to the Council.

How can I find out more or become more involved? The Town Council meetings are advertised on the Notice Board outside the Moot Hall and again on this website.  Anybody can attend and watch democracy in action. If you want to be more involved,  speak to one of the Councillors,  who will put you in touch with the right contact person.

There are still some unanswered questions,  where do I go? There is a wealth of material on this Town Council website including information on what’s happening,  details of upcoming events and much more.

Finally,  what if the Town Councillors are unable to assist as the matter is controlled by the County Council? Although Hexham Town Council has an advisory role in many aspects of the areas where Northumberland County Council has ultimate authority,  some of those powers such as education,  upkeep of roads,  and parking,  are retained completely by the County Council.  You can,  however,  contact them directly through their website at or access them through your County Councillor  –  of which there is one for each of the three wards in Hexham. County Councillors are entitled to raise residents’ concerns at County Council meetings or with the relevant County Council staff.